For hair specialists, professional barbers and stylists perhaps nothing is as important or as reliable as good performing tools and gadgets such as their electric shavers, trimmers and most importantly, hair clippers.
In today’s fast evolving world of fashion trends, barbers are expected to be adept at everything from fine detailing to shading and this is made easier with the help of their trusted hair clippers. However, with all these brands out nowadays that keep coming out with more and more products, finding the best device for your own business can be daunting.
This is why today’s article will be dedicated to listing down some of the world’s best electric hair clippers for the working professional. With some brilliant choices such as the Wahl’s 5 Star Clipper that is great value for money and great in performance. We know that as a professional, you must keep many different clippers and tools in your arsenal so this is a very pocket friendly device.
An electric clipper does a whole lot more than just tame hair, it provides the best layered cuts, the most detailed haircuts and since the blades are thicker than an ordinary shaver, they are more proficient at getting longer hair.
So, if you are new in the business keep reading on to find out why you should opt for one.
- Oster Fast Feed 76023-510
We’re starting off our list with one of the brand Oster’s finest new products from their range called the Oster Fast Feed. If you are looking for a great and powerful unit over the latest in technology or style, then this is the product for you!
The design is a little retro but that doesn’t mean Oster is cheating us out on the quality as the Fast Feed is as powerful and as popular as most of the newer products on the market today. It also comes equipped with blade oil, a hair removal brush and four guard combs.
Let’s look over what this bad boy has to offer.
- Powerful Performance- If its power you want, its power you’ll get from this product as the Fast Feed is equipped with superior steel blades which are both super sharp and super precise. This is in part due to the exceptional pivot motor that powers it that allows the device to cut hair up to 1/50 of an inch
- Ergonomics- The ergonomics and comfort on this device are unparalleled as it provides a good textured body that is both sturdy and designed with easy-grip technology.
- Low Maintenance- Along with working great on both wet and dry hair, the device itself does not need a whole lot of maintenance and is super easily cleaned as well. Since it is waterproof, just rinse under a tap and you are good to go.
- Ergonomic Design
- Easy To Clean
- Not the Best Design
- Wahl’s Super Taper
Moving on to our second product, we are looking at one of Wahl’s Professional grade Hair Clippers designed specifically for barbers and industry professionals. Wahl’s is perhaps the best when it comes to superior quality and performance with the best mid-range prices that are sure to appeal to most professionals.
You will also receive blade oil, a user’s manual, a red blade guard, cutting guides of different lengths and eight attachment combs
Let’s find out why this device is such a fan favourite.
- Powerful Motor- Equipped with an electromagnetic V5000 motor that is proven to function faster and more efficiently than any normal clippers. This is undoubtedly a professional grade trimmer although it is also pretty popular among commercial users as well.
- Great Accessories- When you are a professional the add-ons and extra settings no longer act as mere perks or by products of buying a product but in fact may become a necessity for dealing with all sorts of customers and work problems, therefore the added chemical resistant 8 foot charging cord, the blade guard and the cutting guides are super necessary.
- Good Design- The design of this machine is not only ergonomic but also enables it to remain cooler for longer especially since professionals are expected to use their clippers for longer than the average user.
- V5000 Motor
- Wahl’s 5 Star Clipper
As mentioned earlier, this is our favourite clipper if you are not too interested in the latest technology but simply are on the lookout for a well-rounded rotary motor clipper that provides great performance at a reasonable price. The 5 Star is the machine for the job!
Looking at the features we can get a better understanding of what we are dealing with.
- Rotary Motor- Unlike electromagnetic motors, the 5 Star’s rotary engine employs less vibrations and jerks therefore providing a smooth fading, clipping or whatever else you go for. Its blades work by moving back and forth smoothly which reduces the risk of the blades getting skewed.
- Sharp Blades- Equipped with blades that are famously dubbed fade ready, the 5 Star features number 2161 blade that comes with a zero overlap feature. Professionals not only have way more freedom to use this device but it also provides close cutting shading and fading.
- Great Battery Life- the 5 Star provides a ridiculous 90 minute post charge use which is amazingly long for any electric device! This is a professional’s best friend especially on busy days where a lot of customers need to be serviced.
- Amazing Battery
- Rotary Motor
- Battery Indication Option Not There
- Wahl’s Professional 5 Star 8110
There has to be some reason why the Wahl’s 8110 is fast becoming the talk of the town in pro barber circles and we’re going to find out exactly why.
Sharp Blades- For the experienced user, this is a real blessing as the device has surgical precision blades that give a very clean and close cut every time.
Two Blade Settings- Along with a zero overlap quality, there are two blade settings i.e. the 3/16th and the 1/16th which gives the user freedom to experiment and provide a superior quality shave.
- Precision Blades
- 2 Settings
- Dangerous if handled by non-professionals
- Andis Professional Barber Combo- Two for the price of one!
Andis are by far the most popular brand when it comes to professional grade products due to their promise and delivery of superior performance. So it only made sense to review the Andis Clipper and Trimmer Combo
Let’s find out why you should buy this product.
- Unbelievable value combo- Two for the price of one is right! This is by far one of the greatest value deals we have seen yet and don’t worry about quality due to such a low price because they deliver in every other aspect as well.
- They also feature some of the best standard Andis qualities such as a powerful magnetic Motor, Carbon Coated Steel Blades, an ergonomic design on the hanger loop, the best fading and lining Results and it cuts down to 0.5 millimetres.
- Durable Blades
- Powerful Motor
- Great Design
- Not the most compact
- Oster Professional 10
We are back with another one of Oster’s superior quality clippers towards the end of this list due to the many positive reviews for this device we found online.
- Let’s get a quick rundown of some of the reasons why you should choose this product.
- It features a powerful motor that doesn’t discriminate when it comes to hair.
- The convenient and extra-long power cord comes in at a whopping 10 feet long which allows the user to easily manoeuvre the device as per desire.
- The design is compact, lightweight and durable with the body being break-resistant.
- It is equipped with precision size 1 and 000 classic detachable blades
- User Friendly
- Powerful motor
- Works great for long and short hair
- Wahl’s All Star Professional
We’re signing off on today’s list with another one of Wahl’s best clippers called the Professional All Star Combo which features the Designer clipper that does the heavy duty work and a compact white Peanut clipper that comes equipped with detachable blades.
The product comes with many accessories including a cleaning brush, red blade guard, 6 cutting guards and of course the compact little Peanut dual trimmer and clipper and has received tons of amazing reviews online.
Let’s look at some of the main features of this product.
- Both the Clipper and Trimmer offer a great ergonomic design that ensures no matter how long you use them, \you will not have to deal with those pesky hand cramps.
- Carbon Steel Blade that cuts with an unparalleled precision based cutting, trimming, lining, fading and shading.
- Two for the value of one– We know that new comers in the professional barber world don’t always have a lot of cash to spend on products and yet customers come into your establishment with great hopes and expectations therefore this deal offer is amazing.
- Precision Blades
- Ergonomic Design
- Great Value Offer
- Not Sturdy