Ladies! We all know the never-ending struggle of bad hair days. Those unruly fly-aways, those nerve-wracking baby hairs with a mind of their own! We’ve all been through the pain of wanting to experiment with our hair but for super fine hair no matter how ever which way you knot it, top it or curl it, the end result is usually a tangled flat mess.
Of course, we now have the lifesaver that is the modern hairspray. The elixir for our hair in a pressurized little shiny bottle. However, as every woman knows far too well there is a difference between using hair spray and having to deal with the horrible repercussions of it later in the night. Everything from greasy hair to hair so stiff it might break into two any minute.
Best Drugstore Hairspray For Fine Hair
So let’s do away with those chemical-ridden versions and opt for some of the best drugstore varieties especially engineered for your fine or silky straight hair like the Redken Forceful 23 Finishing Spray that is a godsend when it comes to dealing with color-treated hair! We’ll discuss how it manages that in this article so do not leave this page!
Matrix Vavoom– The Freeze Expert
If you’re in the market for a freezing finish spray, then it would be pointless to venture forth beyond this product because the Vavoom is a fan favorite when it comes to a seriously stiff hold on your hairstyles.
- It not only locks in volume but also provides the best texture for any and all hairstyles and the best part is you will never be left standing at your best friend’s wedding wondering whether your hair has already become a tangled mess.
- It’s fast drying and super firm solution ensures that prevents greasiness or stickiness from taking over and acts on the annoying and fuzzy baby hairs like its nobody’s business!
- It has a great fragrance which has been listed as one of its greatest features. We all know how overwhelming the smell of certain hair sprays can be.
As a cautionary word, it is specified on this product that it is especially for professional salon usage so maybe not the first choice for all you inexperienced beauty queens out there. Since it is available at most stores, however, any one can buy it so a top tip is to apply it sparingly as close to the roots as possible for maximum coverage and stay.
Kenra Volume Spray 25– Strong hold, strong finish
This next drugstore buy is for all you ladies out there that need a strong hold on that hair do all day long. Most hair sprays give you a decent 8 hours of stiff coverage but for the working professionals out there, that is just not enough.
That is why the Kenra Volumizing Spray was made! It promises a 24-hour strong hold on your hair no matter the time or the weather! It is known to work best when applied with short bursts and intervals with a new coat on top of each layer of your hairstyle for optimum volume.
- It provides a fast drying formula that does not make hair flaky or unmanageable later on in the night but also ensures that your hair will stay firm and dolled up till you decide to take it off!
- It has a strong tolerance to up to 25km/h wind speeds and is super resistant to humidity that attacks and defeats most other hair sprays.
- It smells great and promises to keep your hair light and airy even after a heavy coat. No more fear that your hair will become damaged or crunchy after a few days either!
For best use out of the Kenra product, it is recommended to pair it with the Kenra blow dry spray as this ensures that your hair gives off a shine as well as maximum coverage.
As we mentioned earlier, this is perhaps one of the best-rated drug store hair sprays out there in the market primarily due to its long-lasting control, ridiculous lift and the best protection all along with a pretty decent price!
- The best thing about the Forceful 23 is the fact that it has anti-frizz lock technology in place that gives the best finish to any hairstyle. Whether your crump, curl or braid your hair, its shape memory ability ensures that your silky fine hair won’t be coming back for up to 8 hours!
- This product is especially perfect for those of you who love to dye your hair as it provides an anti-color fade solution as it is enriched with an antioxidant such as Vitamins E and C which also leaves hair looking healthy and shiny.
- The best part is that after a good spritz all over your hair style, you don’t need to use a lot of product. There is also absolutely no chance of your baby hair flying away or the presence of any white residue that comes up after a few hours.
The Sexy Volumizing hair spray is definitely one of the more heavy duty formulas that we have on this list so it may not be for everyone. However, if you’re on the lookout for a strong product that lasts a long time and also holds larger quantities, then this is the hair spray for you.
- As the name suggests, the promise is long lasting volume and texture and that is exactly what you get with this product. The smell is also great and long lasting
- A little goes a long way with the Sexy Volumizing spray and we love that you do not need to go overboard in order to attain that wind-blown super model look with the help of this product.
- This product has been lauded for its super strength formula but is also to be applied in smaller amounts as it is prone to make hair too shiny.
Could a list for the best hair sprays ever be complete without including one from the best of the best? That is why we have included the L’Oréal Paris Elnett Satin Hairspray that is one of the most popular sprays online.
- It is one of the few items on our list that encourages styling via brushing as it leaves a wholly natural and shiny finish to your hair no matter what the style.
- From the red carpet glamour of Hollywood all the way to your bedroom, this product uses its micro-diffuser spray technology that gives an even and clean finish that is invisible once brushed but keeps hair staying strong all day.
- It offers a residue-free and long-lasting experience for the user but has been known to need top-ups after a while.
John Frieda Frizz Ease- Moisture Saviour:
Last but definitely not least, we have the Frizz Ease which is famous for its moisture barrier technology-enabled performance.
- It is the only product apart from the Kenra Volume Spray that promises 24-hour protection against fly-aways or style breakdown as it fights the frizz inducing humidity with an added layer of Keratin based protection.
- Easily brushed off and away at night when you are done for the day so you can easily wash your hair the next day without worrying about damage.