Sensitive skin can be really hard to deal with especially for men with beards and those who shave. The risk of infection, acne or dryness is very real if the proper care is not taken to ensure the area receives the proper attention and care.
This is why when opting for an electric razor, one must keep the device’s sensitivity settings or hypoallergenic properties in mind while also considering the best performance for a comfortable shave.
We have compiled today’s list keeping these points in mind, listing nine of the best electric shavers when it comes to taking care of your sensitive skin. For those who do not want to go through the task of comparing and deciding, we recommend the Wahl’s 5 Star Series Shaver that is not too heavy on the wallet and provides the best skin care with its gold hypoallergenic foils.
For the rest of you, keep reading on to find out which is the best fit for you and your skin!
Best Electric Shaver For Sensitive Skin
Let’s have a look at all the available top electric shavers for sensitive skin and see which one suits your needs and budget.
Braun 9 9290cc
We are starting off today’s list with one of Braun’s pricier products that is on par with some of the big players out there. With the latest in Optifoil technology, a great flexible head and smart sensors, this device looks promising for sure.
Let’s move on to talking about the features in detail.
- Ten Directional Head- We have not come across any brand that claims to have engineered a product that offers an unbelievable 10 directional pivoting head so this is one of the most exciting features of this device. The pivoting and flexible feature offers a sense of control and manoeuvring capability that is quite honestly unprecedented.
- Waterproof- As with most shavers for sensitive skin, the 9 9290cc is also waterproof with both wet and dry shaving features enabled. The wet shaving ensures that users can apply all sorts of pre shave oils and gels along with shaving foams for a smoother and more comfortable experience without the fear of getting cuts.
- Long hair trimmer- One of the biggest concerns for sensitive skin is the issue that most shavers are not excellent while dealing with longer flat lying hair and therefore the user needs to re shave that particular area more than once. This leaves more room for possible nicks as the area is already sensitive. With this product from Braun this is no longer a problem as it deals with longer hair well.
- Optifoil Technology- Now moving on to the part of the shaver that will impact the skin the most; the foil heads. This particular product has 4 unique ones that deal with different aspects of the shaving experience. The first two are hexagonal shaped perforations called optifoils that grasp even the tiniest hair with the most efficiency. The next is their Titanium Nitride coated Hyper Lift and Cut trimmer that not only lifts flat lying hair but also gets rid of them with unparalleled precision.
Included with the device is a power cord for charging, a cleaning brush, a travel case, a clean and charge station, a user manual and a cleaning cartridge.
Phillips Norelco 9700
If you have no qualms about spending money and need the most extraordinary product, then you should consider buying the Phillips Norelco 9700 as it is a well-rounded device. Not only is it super-fast and efficient but it’s specialized V-track blades also ensure there is no chance of dull or rusty blades that may cause skin troubles as they last for up to a year!
Let’s find out why this product is such a top rated one across the board.
- Travel Case Ventilation- Talking about sensitive skin would be incomplete without mention of hygiene and the 9700 offers a ventilation system to dry your device on the go, ensuring that it remains clean and safe without risk of fungal growth or damp messes.
- Eight Directional Heads- This is also a popular feature since flexibility ensures that the device will move along the curvature of your face almost like a second skin and thus promises a 20 percent greater performance per shave.
- V-Track Blades- As mentioned earlier the precision blades do not tug at your hair and are designed in a way that they sharpen themselves over time making them last well over a year.
- Wet and Dry Function- As mentioned before multiple times, this feature makes sure friction between your face and the device is minimal and therefore keeps skin secure from damage.
Braun 5 5190cc
We have already mentioned that Braun is generally more expensive that other brands in the electric shaving department but that is only because they provide superior quality as well and with the added label of sensitive skin-friendly, things are only going to get pricier.
However with features like these, it is no wonder the Braun 5 5190cc is so well rated online.
- Smart Sensor- The inbuilt sensor determines the flow or speed of the motor in this device depending on hair density thus ensuring that no extra or unnecessary pressure is added to your skin.
- Completely waterproof- This is a super important criteria for sensitive skin-friendly products as the ability to use foaming gels and oils helps make the shaving process even smoother and cut free.
- Cleaning Unit- This also features a very sanitary cleaning station that uses an alcohol solution to clean dry and further lubricate the product after use which limits exposure to unsavoury conditions.
ActiLift Technology- The trimmer in the middle of this device uses technology that lifts flat lying or hard to reach longer hair and gives a precise cut every time.
Wahl’s Bump Free 5 Star
As mentioned earlier this is one of our favourite to go products for the most hygienic and comfortable shave, although the product is targeted mainly towards the more professional side i.e. barbers or stylists.
Nevertheless let’s go over why we recommend this device and why there are so many raving reviews for it online.
- Hypoallergenic Foil- We pointed out this unique property earlier as well since this is a list for the best sensitive skin based electric shavers. The gold foil which is placed at the top of the foil, is designed keeping in mind the usual issues for sensitive skin such as cuts, redness and bumps all of which it prevents.
- Ergonomic design- The entire device itself is extremely lightweight and its rectangular design ensures that the user will not get uncomfortable even after long periods of usage.
- Professional quality- Though this may not be a product for inexperienced users, it does provide a professional and industry level shave and will not cost you an arm and a leg.
- Affordable- Out of the many devices we have mentioned yet, this is by far the most affordable which makes it a very attractive choice.
The device comes with a charging output, a cleaning brush, a usage manual and a Foil guard.
Braun 3040s Pro Skin
We thought it was necessary to convince the users that there are more affordable options for all those Braun lovers out there as well. Since Braun is one of the most well-reputed names when it comes to electronics, we have included the 3040s Pro Skin that is not only the least expensive Braun product on our list but is also super skin-friendly.
Braun’s Pro Skin range is becoming increasingly popular as well with hundreds of positive reviews from the customer all around the globe.
- Ergonomics- The bright blue sides of this device are built from a very comfortable rubber material that enables a very secure grip that makes for a comfortable shaving experience even if the user opts for a wet, foamy shave. Although the shaving head is on the bulkier side and becomes hard to manage at times.
- Easy Clean- This version from Braun does not come ready with a separate cleaning station but that is no big deal as all you have to do is pop open the top and rinse thoroughly under a tap. However, it is recommended that your device receives a good cleanse using soap and hot water.
- Comfortable Performance- Even if brought in contact with already shaved skin, this device does not cause any irritation or razor burns as some other products might. And that is a god send for those of us with extremely sensitive skin.
We do, however, recommended using a good pre-shave oil as this reduces further risk of bumps and bruises and since this product is waterproof and can be used wet or dry, that will be a simple enough task.
Panasonic ES-LV65-S Arc5
Our next item for today is a Panasonic product that puts some of the other products in its price range to shame with its superior performance. Although it is certainly more high priced than say Wahl’s or Braun products, this device has everything your sensitive skin needs. From hypoallergenic foil blades to angled blades perfect for the closest shave, there is no wonder this product receives such positive critique online.
- Strong Motor- This device hosts a really strong motor with speeds up to 14000 cuts per minute meaning that you will be able to finish off your shaving ritual faster and with less need to go back to already done areas. It attacks rough and unruly growth as well as it tackles fine hair.
- Angled Blades- This is a deceptively simple feature that turns out to be super important when it comes to cutting performance. The slit enabled blades plus the reverse tapering blades ensure that all hair are grasped and shaved no matter the direction.
- Convenient Detailing Trimmer– This version has a conveniently small trimmer that allows the user to deal with those side edges and the edges of moustaches or even your beard without getting in its own way since it is so small.
All of these plus the hygienic foil razor makes this one of the best in the market for sensitive skin.
Braun 790cc Series 7
This list would have been incomplete without adding in one or two of Braun’s Series 7 products to the list since it is their newest from their Pulsonic technology range. Although, fair warning both the ones we will be mentioning are premium products thus come at a premium price.
However, when one looks at the features this device offers, the price does not seem like that big on an issue for the quality that superior German engineering provides. It has also become a fan favourite online despite its recent launch.
So, let’s get to the specs!
Ergonomic Design- As we mentioned earlier, if one wants a comfortable shave, design has to be ergonomic enough that shaving does not become a chore. The two black side rubber grips on this device ensure the user does not face any hand cramping or discomfort. The rest of the design is straightforward and yet very sleek and stylish.
- Personalized Settings– The user has the option to use a faster or slower power level depending on their level of comfort and hair growth. Furthermore it also has a sensitive setting for more delicate skin types along with an intensive option and a normal one for everyday use.
- Adaptive Flex Mode– Gone are the days of one track devices that simply moved in one direction, because as most people realise, the more adaptive to facial curves the shaver is, the more comfortable the experience. The three specialized cutting foils move independently as well providing the smoothest shave.
- Sonic Technology- Each brand comes up with a different way to describe similar technology but we are not complaining because this sonic based sensor adjusts the device’s power levels according to the hair’s demands. So you do not have to keep stopping and assessing what power is needed. 10,000 micro-vibrations per minute means that there is no change of those pesky ingrown hair developing.
- Self-Cleaning Unit- Powered with an alcohol based blue cleaning fluid, this separate cleaning system ensures that all germs and unsanitary conditions are done away with automatically and smoothly. No more manual cleaning, no hassle! Besides hygienic function, the blue fluid acts as an emollient that maximises smooth performance.
Since the product’s chance of pulling aggressively at your hair is minimal to none, you don’t have to worry about any redness, bumps or irritation.
Phillips Norelco 7500
If you feel like foil shavers are not the best for your skin, then do not fret because we have included an alternative for you. This product is one of our absolute favourite rotary shavers called the Phillips Norelco 7500.
What is even better is the fact that it has been designed especially for those of you who struggle with the problems that come with sensitive skin. 5 flexing heads, super precision blades and an anti-friction feature make this product the best to tackle sensitive skin as confirmed by the countless fans of this device online.
- High Battery Life- A high battery life ensures that no matter how often you charge your device, it is less likely to lag or slow down when you use it. Since the average user only uses their electric shaver for a maximum of 15 minutes, this shouldn’t be a problem.
- Five Directional flex- The 7500 features five directional heads that glide across the contours of your face, neck or ear areas with considerable ease. Furthermore, the blades have “comfort rings” that have a unique anti-friction coating that protects skin and prevents redness or irritation even if the user opts for a dry shave.
- High Tech LED- The LED display is especially cool since it not only lets the user know the battery percentage but also alerts them when to charge when the shaver needs cleaning, replace its head and even acts as a travel lock indicator.
Although we did not find many faults with this device, many users have complained of experiencing certain difficulties while manoeuvring around the upper lip area which undoubtedly is trickier than most.
Braun 7 7865cc
The Braun 7 Series 7865cc is by far one of the most exceptional models from their newest range in terms of shaving performance, user-friendly interface, specifications such as shave comfort, closeness, and different speed settings, easy cleaning and maintenance capabilities and great battery life. It has also made rounds online and in the shaving community as one of the most premium and efficient shavers yet from the brand.
So let’s check out what sets this model apart from the rest!
- Five Speeds- This is interesting as we have only seen up to three settings for speed in other electric shavers but for those with sensitive skin or for those who have multi directional hair growth that can be an absolute nightmare for normal or sensitive speeds to get at, this is a god send.
- Flexible Head- This has become a staple and a standard in all shavers nowadays and although Braun dubs this feature as the 8 directional Shaving System, it really only just pivots on a defined axis. Don’t get us wrong, this makes for a super comfortable shave but let’s call a spade a spade, shall we?
- Syncro Sonic Technology- This is Braun’s patented micro vibration technology that the company uses to define the vibrations from specialized foils in order to accurately grasp even the finest of hairs and do its job more efficiently.
- Auto Cleaning Dock- This is super important nowadays with the fast paced lives we all lead. This self- cleaning unit deals with all your device’s cleaning, lubricating and sanitizing worries and problems in no time.
- Great at Tackling Longer Hair- This has consistently been a feature most shavers lack but not the 7 7865cc from Braun as it expertly lifts and cuts even the longest of flay lying hair in one smooth go.
Besides a travel lock, the device features everything from pop up trimmer, a precision lock to ensure your settings don’t change mid shave and a 5-minute quick charge option, pop up trimmer, precision lock, wet and dry function. The LED display also offers a quick rundown of the following commands, a low battery feature, and a 50 percent charge feature, a battery charging indicator and when the battery is full.
It comes equipped with a charging cord, a traveling case, a user’s manual, a cleaning unit, a cleaning brush and a cleaning cartridge that has to be purchased later on for use again.
Unfortunately that is all from our side for now but this has been the most detailed list regarding the best shavers especially for sensitive skin. The most imperative action that you as a buyer can take is understanding that if you have sensitive skin, an ordinary shaver will not work out well for you in the longer run. Sure, it might cut and shave as smoothly or just as well but you will be more prone to skin issues such as unnecessary redness, burns, bumps or even full blown acne at times.
So, investing in a hypoallergenic shaver or one that has features that limit your shavers exposure to your skin is a great way of minimizing any potential harm to your facial skin. We will be keep addressing this issue further as we find out the best of the best when it comes to your needs so stay tunes to more in-depth discussions and lists in the future.